Character and Skillset:
- Good communicator
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Keeps an open mind + embraces complexity
- Proactive + energized by opportunities
- Collaborative spirit + ability to keep ego in check
Job Type & Location:
- Full time
- Cleveland, Ohio
Guide Studio is looking for a college student or recent graduate — ideally someone who is interested and experienced in Graphic Design, Environmental Graphic Design, and/or Planning.
The candidate selected for this position will contribute to a variety of projects as an integrated member of our project teams. Project types include brand and print collateral development, brand strategy, environmental graphics, signage design, and wayfinding strategy. A primary focus of the internship will be to build and refine internal Guide Studio brand and marketing material and templates. Percentages of time spent on each category of work are dependent on current production schedule and in-house needs.
The intern will also have the opportunity to observe, experience, and learn – which may include attending meetings and touring project sites, participating in educational sessions and design critiques, and visiting vendor production facilities. The intern will participate in our full-staff weekly planning meetings and monthly Brain Cell Exchanges – our platform for sharing knowledge.
Responsibilities may include:
- Design of print materials, presentations, digital marketing materials, brand standards
- Brand and wayfinding strategy
- Design of signage, environmental graphics systems
Qualifications & Aptitude:
- Third/fourth/fifth year students or recent grads
- Proficient in the Adobe Creative Suite. Experience in Sketch Up, Microsoft Office, CADTools and Keynote a plus
- Good communicator and thinker, organized and detail-oriented, a figure-it-outer, willing to learn
At Guide Studio, all employees have the opportunity to learn and expand skillsets by working on various project as well as taking advantage of educational resources, such as courses, webinars and conferences. We have an open and communicative culture where we champion each other and support + nurture career development.
To learn more about Guide Studio, please visit guidestudio.com.
Guide Studio is a strategic consultancy that uses branding, marketing and wayfinding to help places with people-traffic create purposeful experiences. From virtual to physical, start to finish, and everything in between – we connect people to places.
Our team kick-starts every project by getting immersed in the mindset of the visitor, customer or resident to pinpoint opportunities for enhancing their brand experience throughout the User Continuum. From here, we apply strategies and employ tactics to engage these audiences in new and exciting ways that keep them coming back for more.