Character and Skillset:
- Good communicator
- Skilled designer + strategic thinker
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Keeps an open mind + embraces complexity
- Proactive + energized by opportunities
- Collaborative spirit + ability to keep ego in check
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite, CadTools or CAD
Job Type & Location:
- Full time
- Cleveland, Ohio
Guide Studio is looking for an Environmental Graphic Designer with 3-10+ years of relevant experience. Candidates should be comfortable wearing multiple hats, including project manager, strategist, and designer. Project facilitation skills, including the ability to lead meetings, manage multiple projects, and communicate and collaborate with client and internal teams are essential.
Responsibilities may include:
- Adapting to varying project team roles, including Project Designer, Strategist, and Project Manager.
- Working to build and nurture relationships with staff, clients, project partners and vendors
- Demonstrating strategic thinking in project approach, communication tactics, framework development, and design.
- Conceptualizing and developing environmental graphic design elements for a variety of project types.
- Developing design intent documentation for wayfinding, signage and environmental graphic projects that achieve high level understanding of the visual intent and how programs should be implemented.
- Coordinating with vendors & fabricators for budget planning and to ensure final product is as intended.
- Clear, concise written and verbal communications to client, design team and suppliers — from strategy and concept presentations to team guidance and instruction.
At Guide Studio, all employees have the opportunity to learn and expand skillsets by working on various project as well as taking advantage of educational resources, such as courses, webinars and conferences. We have an open and communicative culture where we champion each other and support + nurture career development.
To learn more about Guide Studio, please visit guidestudio.com.
Guide Studio is a strategic consultancy that uses branding, marketing and wayfinding to help places with people-traffic create purposeful experiences. From virtual to physical, start to finish, and everything in between – we connect people to places.
Our team kick-starts every project by getting immersed in the mindset of the visitor, customer or resident to pinpoint opportunities for enhancing their brand experience throughout the User Continuum. From here, we apply strategies and employ tactics to engage these audiences in new and exciting ways that keep them coming back for more.